Many people wear a mask to protect against coronavirus disease (COVID-19). However, more than 95% of people do it in the wrong way. Therefore, wearing a mask becomes useless. So, I am giving you answers to two vital questions: When you must use a medical mask, How to wear it properly, and how to remove a medical mask. In this post, you will get the answers.
When to use a medical mask?
- If you are healthy, you must wear a mask only in that case when you are going to take care of another person with suspected COVID-19 infection;
- If you start to cough/sneeze, you must wear a mask;
- Without exception, medical masks are efficient only when you use them in combination with regular hand-cleaning with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub;
- If you do need to wear a mask, you must know how to use it and dispose of it appropriately.
Official WHO video: Can a medical mask protect you against a coronavirus infection?
How to wear medical masks to protect against coronavirus?
- Before wearing a mask, you must clean hands with soap and water/alcohol-based hand rub;
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between the mask and your face;
- Never touch the mask while using it. However, if you do, clean your hands immediately with soap and water/alcohol-based hand rub;
- Never re-use single-use medical masks.
Official WHO video: How to wear a masks to protect against coronavirus?
How to remove your medical mask properly?
- When you need to remove a medical mask, complete the following actions:
- Remove your medical mask from behind (never touch the front of the mask);
- Throw it away right away in a closed bin;
- Clean your hands with soap and water/alcohol-based hand rub.
Do not panic! Stay healthy! Everything will be great!